Sunday, September 17, 2006

3% Unemployment














So I've come to learn that there is a 3% unemployment rate in Japan, which means that everyone has a job. I think the job that has cracked me up the most is the traffic directors. Not because it is not a good job, but because of the intensity that the guys carry on the job. Honestly, I think that their job is necessary because driving in Japan can be kind of crazy sometimes. For example, its okay to change lanes in the middle of a turn or park on the side of the road for about five minutes while taking out half of a lane. But anyways, these guys are there everyday at the same exits out of the parking lot or the same intersections directing traffic. Some guys twirl their baton and some guys like to point it and wave it, but there is just something about them that cracks me up. Sorry that the picture is not the best. We are always wizzing by them, but I will try to get a good picture or two that shows their enthusiasm.

2 Comments:

At 11:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

good to see that you are getting into the hang of this blogging thing. Woo hoo for twirlers!

 
At 4:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

can definetly relate with you. the traffic ladies in beijing are psycho. almost tore my head off with their wistle cause i crossed to early.
sam

 

Post a Comment

<< Home