Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Random Transportation





I don't have much to say about one particular thing so I am combining three topics into one blog. First as you can see on top is the freeway system. I hope you understand it because I surely don't. The little boxes show the traffic areas and then its got the roads. I haven't driven yet, which I am glad because I wouldn't know where to go or how to get there and I probably couldn't read any of the signs either because they are all in Japanese. Looking at the next picture, I see a reason why I wouldn't want to drive. It cost 123 yen per liter. It's about 4 liters to a gallon which means that its about 492 yen per gallon. So in all, a gallon of gas here is about $4.30. That is a lot and it makes $3.00 a gallon sound pretty good, huh?

My last thing, which is still related to the roads and gas, is the amount of bicycles. Take a look at the picture and tell me how many you can count. This was taken in front of one of the malls and is only one of the many bike racks I've seen here. I've seen a lot of bicycles and a lot of little motorized bikes. Apparently a lot of the the motorized riders don't think they are going to be in an accident because they'll ride them with their helmet unlatched and will be wearing flip flops and shorts. Anyways, I don't really have an opinion on the bikes, but I thought that you might like seeing that picture.

1 Comments:

At 1:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jeremy Allen is in Japan! Awesome! Hey Jeremy, how do you get around if you don't drive? And how about that food? I look forward to hearing about all of your adventures.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home