Monday, September 25, 2006

My first train ride?



The other night I was introduced to the train. Nate took me through the train station and rode the train with me so I could get familiar with it. This is cool because it is another way for me to get around and a way that I can travel relatively easy. Also it makes it easier on Nate and Louise because they don't have to take me everywhere. I'm glad Nate showed me how to buy a ticket and everything because I don't think I would have been able to figure it out on my own. Everything, for the most part, is in Japanese and there's no way I could figure it out, but now I have an idea and am planning on using it more. I'm sure at some point I am going to get lost or get off at the wrong station, but I'm looking forward to using it to my advantage. It is kind of foreign to me and probably to most of you that I see little kids riding the train without their parents. I feel so safe in Japan and it seems like everyone else does too because I saw elementary kids riding the train with a couple of their friends. The train goes pretty much everyone and so I think a lot of these kids go places after school and then ride the train home at night. So yeah, that's all I have about trains for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home