Monday, March 12, 2007

Sara's Trip to Japan: Part 1

On Saturday, March 3, I rode the train up to the airport to pick up my sister. She decided that she wanted to come visit me for her spring break and I had no objections to that. I loved having my sister here. It was so nice to have someone here from my family and to be able to share my world over here in Japan with her. Everyone loved her and I think everyone would agree, including myself, that one week is too short for a trip to Japan. The next couple of blogs will be about Sara's trip to Japan. Her visit here was definitely filled with some good memories.

So Saturday night we rode the train back from the airport, which takes about 2.5 hours or so. We caught up on a lot of things during that time, but also had some good laughs watching all the Japanese people fall asleep on the train. (I have concluded that Japanese run everyone and sleep whenever they sit. Seriously, Japan is the only place where you can see 75 year old men and women running to make the walk signal and or see people fall asleep in about 2 seconds.) The train is an especially good place to see people fall asleep. They do it is standing up too. Anyways, when we got back to Yokosuka, I introduced her to all the people at the Lighthouse and we pretty much just hung out the rest of the night. One of our family friends, Chris Wheeler, was here for a couple of days in Yokosuka and so we spent time talking with him and hearing how Japan was when he was here. She got pretty tired about 10 and so she crashed. Before she came over here she asked me if there was any way to not have jet lag and I told her, "I don't really know. I don't think there is." If any of you having any good tricks, let me know. She did fine and I don't think jet lag hindered her visit out here at all. (I don't know how she is doing with jet lag back in CA. I found it way more difficult to go back.)

On Sunday, Chris and I went to church and Sunday School while she slept in. After church we walked around a little bit to find Chris' apartment building that he lived in while he was stationed here in Yokosuka and then we walked back to the Lighthouse. Sara joined us and we walked down to my favorite restaurant, Eigi san's. Eigi san's is worth its own blog so you will need to stay tuned for the next blog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home