Friday, February 02, 2007

Thailand Highlights: Part #4

I'm going a little bit back in time on my Thailand highlights, but I'm still going to share with you about my bungy jumping experience. Before I went to Thailand I knew that bungy jumping might be on the agenda and had decided in my mind that I wasn't going to do it. I thought to myself, "Bungy jumping in a third world country half way around the world, probably not a good idea." Nate wasn't going to bungy jump and so I figured I could follow his example and not bungy jump also.

When we got to Thailand, the first day we went to the place where you could bungy jump. Two of the guys, one was another intern and the other a son of one of the missionaries, were set on bungy jumping and had been looking forward to this moment for a couple of weeks now. I still didn't sign up and wasn't planning on signing up, but as I watched them jump I got more and more excited. After watching two jumps and seeing that it wasn't as crazy as I thought it would be and that their was water below you on the jump, I decided that it looked pretty fun and that I would give it a try. So I went and signed the paper saying that if I die, I won't sue them and if the ropes broke and I got hepatitis B from the water that I won't sue either.



I'm not scared to jump or do flips off the high dive, and I've done some rock jumping in my life and so honestly bungy jumping wasn't too different. I think the only thing that I thought about though was that I had to trust that the rope wasn't going to break when I jumped. When the instructors counted down I jumped. It was a pretty cool feeling. I forgot to breathe until my first free fall was almost over and so I let out a pretty big groan, but for the most part bungy jumping was a pretty cool thing. I enjoyed it, but by the time all your blood has rushed to your head and it feels like its going to pop after hanging upside down for so long, you're very happy to get standing upright again. I think the next time I bungy jump I will have to go bigger for sure.

1 Comments:

At 11:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude that looks sooo fun, but scary. I will have to do that one day, even bigger


Timmy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home