Sunday, February 04, 2007

A Taste of California

For those of you who don't know my day off is Monday. Typically, I like to sleep in, talk to my family, and just kind of relax for the day; sometimes I read, sometimes I watch movies, and sometimes I do a whole lot of nothing. Anyways this past Monday I was doing a whole lot of nothing (I think I was cleaning my room and folding laundry or whatever) and the Cassidy family invited me to go with them and Rebekah to California Pizza Kitchen up by Yokohama. Of course I said yes. In Japan good, inexpensive pizza is hard to come by. I don't think I have ever had pizza on the Japanese economy until this past Monday. They have Anthony's World Famous Pizza on base and Sbarro's, but honestly they aren't really good pizza places. Pizza La's are everywhere in Japan, but the one time I went to check out the menu each pizza was like 25 to 30 bucks. That's a little expensive for me, plus all of the toppings were some sort of seafood.

So about 5 o'clock we all walked down to the train station, rode the train to our stop, and walked to CPK. I hadn't eaten too much during the day and so I was pretty hungry and I was so glad to see that the menu was just like the one back in the States. (You'll find in Japan that we have Denny's, KFC, and other well known restaurants, but they aren't really the same as the Denny's KFC's and so on that you are used too. Japan seems to add its own little Japan twist to a lot of things.) Anyways I ordered a Hawaiian pizza, which was delicious, and everyone else enjoyed their food. After we finished our food at CPK Rebekah mentioned that there was a Cold Stone's on the floor below us. There have been a couple of times when I have done the CPK/Cold Stone combination back in Ventura and so I was so excited when I got this full taste of California with some good pizza and some good ice cream.

Cold Stone is a lot of fun in Japan because every time you put some money in the tip box they sing a song. Normally it’s a Disney song or some other catchy tune that you can recognize, except they sing in Japanese and so it’s really fun to listen too. Anyways, we had a lot of fun putting money in the tip box and enjoying our ice cream as all the workers sang. The night was a lot of fun hanging out with the Cassidy's and Rebekah and I certainly enjoyed the food. The two girls are Hope and Jenna Cassidy and if you can't tell they are really enjoying their ice cream.

4 Comments:

At 9:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooohhh, i could kill for some coldstone icecream. it is finally made its way to the east coast but i don't think i've had it since june. bummer.

 
At 2:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Germ, of course you found the good food! So glad to know you can get a taste of home once in a while! Havent had a chance to fix my mycke, but as soon as I do, I'll Skype you! Miss you tons!!!!!!! Love ya, Carol

 
At 4:36 PM, Blogger Julie said...

Hey Jeremy! I just wanted to drop a hello. I come here often to read about life in Japan. My family prays for you often and we are proud of you for constantly seeking the Lord's way in your life. Earlier I let Analiese read this and she said hello and that you need to try the Birthday cake ice cream next time you go to Cold Stone's. God bless you!

 
At 8:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home