Tuesday, September 26, 2006

My Home




Well this is the continuation blog about the Lighthouse. So these are pictures from the main floor of the Lighthouse. Pretty nice huh? It's my home and I feel pretty blessed to live here. Its really cool because on Wednesdays, Fridays, Saturdays, and part of Sunday its packed with people and I'm able to talk to them and just get to know the sailors and everyone. Also when people come over food gets made and there are normally left-overs and left-overs are up for grabs. (And contrary to what you might all think, I sometimes don't get the left-overs and people actually eat the food before I do.) It is also way cool because on all the other days that people aren't here its really quiet and I'm able to study and spend time with God almost anywhere in the house. These pictures are of the main floor of the Lighthouse (the 2nd floor). I live on the 1st floor which is where there is a small library, a bunkroom, my room, the laundry room, and an office. The 3rd floor is where the Cassidy's live and then the 4th floor is where the school teacher Rebekah lives. So its pretty much a sweet place to live. In the kitchen I have my own refrigerator and shelve space and I wrote my name on all my food so hopefully no one will steal it.

Just a little bit about today. Today was the first day that I road my bike (well actually Nate's bike) into base. Today was also the first day that it rained and it rained pretty good. I was soaked on the way back, but for the most part the walk and/or ride to and from the base is really nice. There are also a lot of little food places that I'm going to have to stop and try sometime. Anyways it rained today and I got wet. I kind of liked it though, but I know that I need to get an umbrella to keep in my backpack.

2 Comments:

At 12:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 12:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry, that sdfdsgag was me testing to see if I could leave a comment! Anyway...wow, the Lighthouse is awesome! It's so cool to see where you're actually living because now I no longer have to rely on my own mental image of it. Love and miss you more than you know!

-Sara

 

Post a Comment

<< Home