Thursday, December 14, 2006

My birthday!

On December 5th was mine and Timmy's birthday. It was a little weird this year because it was the first time that Timmy and I have been away from each other for our birthday. We survived though and were able to celebrate it when I got home.

Anyways, while I was in Japan I had a very nice birthday week. It started on a Friday night when Nate and Louise invited me and some of my friends over for a little birthday dinner. The food was very good, the fellowship was good and overall the night was a lot of fun. Nate barbecued tri-tip and we had salad and garlic bread. Louise baked an fantastic apple pie that I enjoyed so very much. Thanks Nate and Louise!



Over the weekend I received some presents and a lot of "Happy Birthdays" from people at the Lighthouse. On Tuesday was my birthday and as usual I went to the middle school for lunch. I knew that some of the students knew it was my birthday, but I didn't really expect any of them to remember. I was walking down the hallway and Jill, well the students call her Ms. Pasterski, who was at Nate and Louise's house on Friday night remember that today was the day. So she proceeded to walk down the hallway with me and told some of the students that it was my birthday and they sang to me. After those students sang, I then had about 30 or 40 more students say "Happy Birthday" to me and some how it spread through all the grades that it was my birthday. It was pretty fun because I had about 200 "Happy Birthday's" from the middle school students. That was probably the most "Happy Birthday's" that I have received in one day.


Tuesday night was a continuation of my birthday. Even though it wasn't for my birthday, Stacey and Paul Cassidy invited me to go along with them to the New Sauno Hotel in Tokyo for a Lighthouse Board dinner. Honestly, it was the nicest restaurant I have ever been in. I wore a shirt and a tie, ate with three different forks, tried some escargot, which is very good, and had the biggest piece of steak in Japan. Then for dessert I had a spectacular bowl of creme brulee with a nice candle on top. (You can see that in the picture.) The night was really fun and I enjoyed my birthday very much and am so thankful for everyone who made my birthday a very special one!

2 Comments:

At 2:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wait, you and your brother have the same birthday?

*R

 
At 5:03 AM, Blogger nate and louise johnson said...

Um...hello...It's the New Sanno...and they wouldn't even let me come!!! I may not be able to eat there, but I can
at least spell it. Love ya man. Going to the North Shore today. Big surf...gotta go!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home