Friday, December 01, 2006

A Step in the Right Direction


On our recent trip to Osaka, which you will here about in a later blog, Nate and I had the pleasure of eating more Mexican food. In no way was this Mexican food comparable to anything back home, but it was a step in the right direction. This place was called El Ponchos. It was on the 8th floor of some building in Osaka and fit about 20 people total. It had quite the array of Mexican memorabilia and honestly had a good Mexican food restaurant vibe coming off. Still though there were a couple of disappointments.


Disappointment #1: Take a look at the size of that chip bowl. Pretty big, huh? Our friend who took us there said that there is normally a little bowl of fresh salsa that they bring out and she asked for it, but the waiter said that this little jar of "salsa", which was more like hot sauce, was it. The chips also had some weird seasoning on it, but hey I can handle not having chips.

Disappointment #2: Honestly, I think that disappointment #1 was really the only disappointment. I mean the food wasn't fabulous, but it was a lot better than the last place. It had a little different flavor from typical Mexican food, but still I had a good plate of cheese enchiladas with some quesadilla and some other stuff. Their guacamole was surprisingly good also. Nate had been lecturing me about how you just need to get used to not having good Mexican food. I guess I softened up a little bit from my last experience because I wasn't too disappointed with this place. (Nate wasn't really lecturing me.)


El Poncho’s still has a long way to go, but honestly it was about a B-/C+. As I said before it wasn't comparable to anything back home, but I wouldn't mind going back there when I am craving some Mexican food.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home