Tuesday, January 02, 2007

CBC Middle School

One of the things that I enjoyed while being home was getting to hang out with my middle schoolers at CBC. On Wednesday I got to go to Anacapa and share about my experience in Japan at the Bible Club. That was really fun because I always go to the middle school here in Yokosuka and then I got to go to the middle school back home. I got to see a lot of the students who go to CBC and then I got to meet some more. I just shared with them about my experience in Japan and answered a lot of questions about Japan and the weirdness and all that.

That night there wasn't middle school youth group, but there was a little service project for the youth group. We all met about 5:30 and went over the the Rescue Mission in Oxnard to wrap presents. When we got there we were informed that we would not only be wrapping presents, but we would also get to shuck corn and decorate a house. It was a really fun night. The students were goofy of course and it was really cool to be able to serve with them and talk to them about life and all that I missed while being gone. I really like the students at CBC (and I think they all like me) and it was a blast to be able to spend time with them. It was also very cool to hang out with all the staff. I enjoyed shucking corn the best. We got a little dirty, but it was worth it. Everyone at the Rescue Mission was very thankful that we came and all of us from CBC were thankful that we were able to come and serve them. Here's some pictures from that night. We shucked corn for half of it and then we wrapped presents till the end. (I hope you like the picture Isaac.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home