Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Thailand

So I'm still running late on my blogs, but here's some news about my recent trip to Thailand. We went to Thailand for 8 days for a Malachi Ministries Conference. After a night at a Japanese hotel, Nate and I flew out from Tokyo to Taipei. We met the Lambert family and their intern in Taipei and then flew from there to Bangkok and from Bangkok to Chiang Mai. I enjoy flying, but my favorite parts of flying are taking off and landing. I don't really care about the whole in-between part, so it was cool that I got to do both of them three times. Anyways in Chiang Mai we were picked up by Paul Bradley and taken to our hotel. The purpose of this conference was to spend time and get to know other Malachi staff, hear about the ministry of Paul Bradley, spend time praying and in the Word and to relax a little bit. I can say that we did all of the first three, but this trip wasn’t really relaxing. (I'm not complaining because the other option was great.) We didn't spend too much time on the pool deck lying out in the Thai sun, but we did do a lot of other things.

Some of us bungy jumped on the first day, we went mountain biking, rode elephants, rode ATV's through the jungle, and more. Once you get to Thailand you don't need too much money to do all these things because everything is so cheap. A couple of the night we went down to the night bizarre and went shopping. It was a lot of fun (at first) because you get to barter with the venders. You can get a lot of cheap stuff (whether its real or not I don't know) and you get to play a little game in the process. Food in Thailand is really cheap also. We ate almost all of our meals for under $10. It was a special treat for me because I don't like to spend a bunch of money on food, but here I could get seconds and it would still be cheaper than a meal in Japan.

Thailand was a lot of fun. We got to hear about the amazing things that God is doing in the military in Thailand and the surrounding countries. Paul Bradley and a couple of other guys there have a great ministry trying to reach the military and their families with the Gospel of Christ. I will hopefully have some more blogs up about the specific things we did in Thailand in the next couple of days.

1 Comments:

At 9:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

dude. you are such a stud for goin bungy jumpin. sounds like thailand was awesome. glad you could experience a completely different culture than Japan or US. good stuff. keep it real.
samwise

 

Post a Comment

<< Home