Monday, April 23, 2007

Shorebreak '07

On April 8th, twenty-eight students and six staff traveled from Yokosuka to Okinawa for our high school spring break trip, which we call Shorebreak. Shorebreak is a camp that relates most to Hume Lake or Forrest Home back in CA. We had three different youth groups from all over Japan (Yokota, Yokosuka, and Kadena) and had around 180 students and staff. It was an awesome week. In the past, the camp was run by the Malachi staff, such as Nate and the other youth leaders from Yokota and Kadena, but this year and I guess for the past couple of years Azusa Pacific University has been sending out a team to run the camp for us. To say the least, APU did a great job. I was blown away by the all that they had prepared for the camp and was even more at amazed at how God worked in the lives of our students while at Shorebreak.

The theme for this year was "MARVELS" and was focused on the miracles of Jesus. The whole camp was about super heroes and it all built up to the fact that super heroes don't die; they tend to come as close to death as possible and then somehow escape. However, our true Superhero came to this earth and died for us. He came and conquered death for all of us when He rose from the dead. This was powerful for a lot of the students and really moved them to make decisions about their relationships with God.

Every night we had small group time with our specific students. I had 4 guys in my group and thoroughly enjoyed every evening with them. I prayed throughout the whole week that God would demolish my expectations and he totally did. So many of our students opened up and really responded to the Gospel. It will be exciting to see how Shorebreak affects our youth group. Nate and I are both pumped about how much unity this week brought to our group and we are so excited to see the students connecting more. Please be in prayer for all of the students and staff as it is tough to come back into your normal life and change things.

Shorebreak was an awesome trip. I had the sunburn to prove that I had a little too much fun at the beach. We were on Tokashiki Island the whole week and had two beautiful days at the beach. I'm working on the Shorebreak '07 video right now and it should be finished in the next couple of days. You can check it out soon on our youth group website www.yokosukastudentministries.com. Thank you for praying for us while we were at Shorebreak. Praise God for all that He is doing in the lives of the students!

4 Comments:

At 9:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

just saw the shorebreak vids. looks like you guys had an amazing time.

sam

 
At 12:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Jeremy,

I just read thru your blog posts. Nate was here and I saw that your blog was linked on his. I would have contacted you sooner had I known about it.

I can't think of a more important, honorable endeavor than what you are doing. I pray that Rachel, Jeremiah, and Luke have a desire to serve the Lord the way you are.

And thanks for the Corrales plug at church a couple of weeks ago. I went there the following Tuesday and loved it. Let us take you there when you return.

In Christ,

Glenn

 
At 4:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hay Jeremy. What an amazing adventure you are having and what a testamony to your faith. I love to see what you are doing and it makes me proud to say I know you. I really enjoy reading your blog. You have a great way with words.
Love ya. Mema

 
At 12:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yo bro!! i cant wait for u to come home and then we can swim in our ocean 2gether!! itll be fun!! well love ya bratha!!!
em

 

Post a Comment

<< Home