Tuesday, June 12, 2007

My Last Night at Youth Group

Wednesday and Thursday nights for the last year have always been youth group nights. On Wednesday nights we have middle school youth group from 4-5:30 and high school youth group from 6:30-8:00. Then on Thursday nights from 6:30-8:00 was what we called Q2, which is high school and middle school together. Throughout my time in Yokosuka, all of the groups changed and grew in some really cool ways. This particular Wednesday night, we had the biggest group ever. I think total for middle school was 32 and total for high school was 35. Now, the numbers aren't a big deal and that was definitely not what Nate and I were after, but it was exciting to have so many students show up because it meant that students were excited about youth group and inviting their friends.
On both youth group nights (wed. and thurs.) we played my favorite games with each group and I had the opportunity to share my heart with each group. The students also had the opportunity to share with me about how I had impacted them in one way or another. Overall both of the nights were a lot of fun, but it was difficult to believe that my time with them was over. The whole last week was a big blur for me as I said goodbye to students and their families.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home