Friday, September 29, 2006

Interesting Food: Round 2



I have been trying some new food lately. I really enjoy trying new stuff, but I still am always scared on that first bite or drink. I finally tried the Deeppresso drink. All I can say about it is that it was cold coffee, nothing special, just cold coffee in a can. However, it didn't have the intended effect that it says on the cover. I enjoyed a couple hours of energy from this drink and got the jump from the caffeine that I normally don't need.

I went out with Nate and Kate the other night for sushi. I had been craving it a little bit and was excited that we were going. I got the typical sushi that I am used to, but I branched out a little bit and tried some new things. One of the things that I tried was the eel sushi. I have to admit that it isn't the most beautiful sushi I have seen, but it was rather pleasing to my taste. It was really tender and had a good flavor, so for the most part I enjoyed it. However, I was eating straight eel and that still kind of freaks me out.

That last final thing that I think is worthy of sharing is my little crunch snack at this local restaurant. I am proud to say that today I tried grasshoppers. I have decided when trying new things that thinking about the new thinks doesn't help, but only makes it worse and so for this one I saw the grasshoppers that the waitress presented to us on the plate and ate them within a couple of seconds. Let me just say that they were kind of like a crunchy raisin, but had the full of legs, body, and head of a grasshopper. I can't say that I will eat them for the enjoyment of eating them, but I probably will eat them just to say that I did. Unfortunately, I didn't have my camera with me so I didn't take a picture of them, but I will and you will soon see it. Lastly, I learned today that the U.S. is only 1 of 3 countries in the world that doesn't include insects in the diet.

Oh, I forgot to add that the last picture is my favorite kind of sushi. It is the ebifura roll. Nate has this thing going where if i ask him a question about the food and he doesn't know what it means or what it tastes like, he'll give me a response along the lines of "Its Japanese for goodness." This roll definitely is Japanese for goodness or Japanese for yummy and I think you all should give it a chance.

1 Comments:

At 10:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jeremy,
You are hilarious!! We love to read your blog, and the pics are great! We can't wait to see you and your family in December!
Love Amy for the Sinclair's

 

Post a Comment

<< Home