Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Gyoza Goodness


Besides the peanut butter sandwiches from the 7/11, my favorite food food is called the gyoza. It's very relatable to a dumpling or something of that sort. It is just so good. There is restaurant near the Lighthouse called A.G. Sons (check spelling on that, but I don't know, the signs in kanji) and it makes gyozas and I am often tempted to stop there on my way home. They also make really good, spicy ramen and are open till one in the morning. I will be definitely be making some midnight snack runs there. Anyways, back to the gyoza. I don't really know what's in it, but I like it a lot. Today Nate and I bought some from a store and microwaved them at his house and they were still super good. If any you ever get the chance make sure you order two plates of gyozas because one is definitely not enough (unless you have a big bowl of ramen next to you).

5 Comments:

At 1:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey germ. trying new food in a new country is always a blast. since i've been in china i've eaten: bamboo, duck, pidgeon, this weird snail thingy, and all kinds of fish/chicken/pig/beef dishes. usually the meat has bones, tendons, and sometimes even a beak still attached. walked through a buther place the other day, saw a goat's head getting cut in half, a pig's head sitting on a table with the rest of the body sliced in two, and a liver the size of my head hanging on a hook. good times.

hamuel

 
At 2:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh boys you are having the time of your life with these experiences. I think I probably would not be as daring as you two experimenting with all these foreign foods. Miss both of you and plan on a Mexican meal upon your return. Momma Allen

 
At 1:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

your mother's mexican food ... mmmmmmm so good. call it a date!
hamuel

 
At 5:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I heart gyozas.

 
At 4:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

dude. gyozas look like this chinese dish called jiaozi, kinda like potstickers but oh so much better. they load up the insides with pork, beef, all kinds of veggies, its awesome.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home