Tuesday, October 31, 2006

My Little Buddies

This past Saturday I had the chance to hang out with my little buddies Ellie and Kara. I really really really like playing with them and hanging out with them. It is so cute whenever I see Ellie and Kara because they typically yell my name really loud and then proceed to tell Nate or Louise that I am there. With the lack of younger siblings over here (yes, I miss Timmy and Emily a lot), I have come to savor any chance that I get to play with Ellie and Kara and or any other younger kids. Anyways on Saturday I helped give Louise the day off by playing with Ellie and Kara. We did everything. We played chase, hide and go seek and ring around the rosie. We watched a drive in movie, talked on the phone and made grass soup for each other. We played with chalk, watched a real movie, and ran around the house. Both Ellie and Kara are very happy kids. They laugh so much and its so much fun to be their friend. It just so neat when they are smiling and laughing, which is almost all the time.
On two occasions Ellie has asked me to become part of her family. The last one was last night when we were driving back from the Harvest Festival and they were giving me a ride back to the Lighthouse and Ellie said "Mommy, Jeremy is going to be part of our family and he is going to live with us." What she said meant a lot to me. I smiled big and Louise proceeded to explain to Ellie that I'm welcome anytime, but my bed is at the Lighthouse. Nonetheless, it feels good to be a part of the Johnson family, even if its just a little bit. I might actually live with them upon my return to Yokosuka after Christmas, but I'm not sure about that yet. Anyways, thanks Nate and Louise for sharing your girls with me and for letting me be a part of your family. All the times at the Johnson house have been great and its almost a 100% guarantee that Ellie will ask me in her little almost 4 year old voice "Jeremy, do you want to play with me?" Of course, my answer is yes.

4 Comments:

At 4:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's pretty funny that you just happened to put the one picture of Kara not smiling up on your blog after you wrote about them always being happy :)Just thought I'd point that out.

-your older sister

 
At 3:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

cute!

 
At 11:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I told Timmy last night at youth group that he needed to read this blog and focus on the sentence about you missing him - and keep it for future blackmail, oops.... I ment encouragement!!! (hehe)

Dave

 
At 7:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Germ, man I love you! You are going to be the best husband and Dad someday! I am so glad to see that you are having a great time, making friends, and reading the letter you sent to the missions at CBC. It sounds like GOd is totally blessing you! Love and miss you! Carol
GIve Ellie and Kara a hug for me!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home