Saturday, October 21, 2006

Kamakura

I would like to apologize for not writing so much lately. I hope you will forgive me for that. I just haven't felt like blogging much lately, but anyways here is a blog. So about 4 o'clock on Monday (my day off) I decided that I wanted to go somewhere. I had spent most of the morning at The Lighthouse and just felt like I needed to go somewhere. After getting some stuff together, I decided that I wanted to go to Kamakura. Kamakura as far as I understand is one of th most historic cities in Japan and at one point was the capital of Japan. However, on this particular day I don't think I saw all the historical stuff because I left so late and the sun was already going down. Anyways after a long walk to the train station (which was actually pretty nice; all those pictures of the ocean are on my to the train station) I got on a train to Kamakura. It was a relatively short train ride and is pretty cheap too. When I got off I proceeded to roam around the city and look at all the shops and stuff. I made sure that I watched where I was going because I didn't want to get lost and have to try and find my way back. In any case, Kamakura was pretty neat. I saw some good stores without beautiful artwork in them. I enjoyed walking around, smelling all the new smells, and seeing more of the Japanese culture. However, my highlight of the day was when I came upon a Patagonia store. Patagonia is expensive enough in Ventura and I can tell you that it is even more expensive in Japan. I thought it would be cool to get a shirt with Patagonia and Japan on it, but they only had them online. Anyways that was about all the excitement from my "adventure" to Kamakura.

2 Comments:

At 1:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

so yeah, in china, chinese people usually don't drink anything during a meal. so we either have to bring our own drinks in with us or ask for tea (which i don't like) or this weird milk tea stuff. glad to hear the sushi was good. i could really go for some of that right now. fish over here is usually either served whole or in slices; skin, bones, everything still attached. yummy.oh and tgi friday's, wish i could get my hands on some of that. mmmmmmm.
hamuel

 
At 1:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woo kanichwa.Whatever the spelling is.This is like Jaque and mom.
hi chicihchici

Timmy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home