Monday, October 23, 2006

Putt Putt




Another one of the things that I really enjoy doing and plan on doing more is hanging out with the students. Twice a week I go to the middle school for lunch and I get to hang out with the kids I know, but I also get to reach out to a whole different group of kids. It is a lot of fun and will write about it more in a future blog.

Anyways, yesterday after Bible Study I hung out with some of my middle schoolers. We got some lunch at the food court and then went golfing. We visited the local Putt Putt Course on base and then hit a bucket of balls at the driving range. It is really cool because we are able to rent clubs at the gym for free, the Putt Putt course is free, and a bucket of balls only cost a dollar. So anyways, Zach, Cameron, and I spent the afternoon perfecting our golf skills in the only way middle schoolers can do it, a goofy way. The Putt Putt course was empty so after finishing the regulation nine hole course we made our own course. We hit from hole 9 to hole 1, but of course, we did it all through our legs or with our eyes closed. We had some good laughs and one litte scare when we knocked a big spider out of a tree and it proceeded to attack Zach. Not really, but we jumped of course. After hitting balls at the driving range we picked up some ice cream and then hung out till they needed to go home.

2 Comments:

At 12:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's neat to see you building relationships with the kids! I'm glad to hear that you're enjoying teaching so much! Sushi looks good by the way....too bad about the water. I know how much you drink when we go out so I can imagine how thirsty you get! Miss and love you!
-Sara

 
At 1:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That looks better than golf in stuff.
Fun Fun!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home