Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Fuji san!



This past weekend we had a high school retreat to Camp Fuji. The reason why it is called Camp Fuji is because it is at the base of Mt. Fuji. The weather this weekend was fabulous and Mt. Fuji was clear almost the whole weekend. As far as I know, Mt. Fuji is the largest mountain in Japan and is a volcano. I can't say that it was the prettiest mountain I have ever seen, but I'm sure that it looks a lot prettier in the winter when there is snow on top. Its not very pretty because it doesn't have any trees or plants on it because its a volcano. Mainly it consist of black slate or whatever, which I heard makes the hike up it really hard. Unfortunately I missed the months where the trails are open and I think I will be gone before Mt. Fuji opens up again. Anyways these are some of the pictures that I thought you would enjoy of Mount Fuji. It was pretty spectacular being on this Marine baseand waking up to see this for a couple of days.

2 Comments:

At 10:04 PM, Blogger Amanda said...

Hi Jeremy, thanks for the link to this blog. Very Cool! Sounds like your having some great experiences even in the short while that you've been there. Thanks for keeping us posted. BTW - sock story, very entertaining :-) talk to you soon, Amanda

 
At 10:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's your Great Aunt Mary and Uncle Harry. Your Mom just sent us your blogspot address. I am on my way out for my tri-weekly swim, but I wanted you to know how gald we are to read what you are up to! Do you have anything to do with the local Japanese? Will comment more when we read more. Love you, Great Aunt Mary

 

Post a Comment

<< Home