Saturday, October 21, 2006

Staff Meetings




In the past couple of weeks it has become the tradition of the youth group staff to go out to dinner after youth group. Each week we try and hit a new hot spot and experience new food. This past week the group decided that it was time for sushi, and that we should go to Nate's favorite sushi place on the way to his house. We always have to figure out rides and who's driving (which is only a couple of choices), but it always seems to work out that everyone can go. Then we travel to the destination and enjoy great Japanese food. Well, actually we went to T.G.I Friday's one night, but we still have a good time.

It has been a lot of fun to talk with the different staff members. Some are in the Navy, one is a teacher at the middle school, and the others do some other stuff. It has been really cool to just talk and share with each other. These pictures are from our sushi night. That is Kate, Red and me. Kate is Nate's sister-in-law (or Louise's sister, however you look at it) and Red is a friend of mine who is in the Navy. The cups we are holding are the tea cups that go around on the conveyor belt by our table. One thing that is different for me is that most places don't offer water first to the customers and I always drink like 8 cups of water when I go out, so I have had to get into the habit of not always drinking water or asking for some. Now that I know water in Japanese I can ask for it, but the first couple of times that I went out I always left thirsty. Anyways the sushi was good, the fellowship was good, and its something that I hope continues.

1 Comments:

At 1:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are those foods good and the drink?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home