Tuesday, November 07, 2006

The BIG Overnighter




This past weekend we had a middle school event called The BIG Overnighter. My favorite part of it was that it was a joint event with the Yokota youth group. My least favorite part of it was driving in traffic almost all the way to Yokota. However, the drive was worth it.

The BIG Overnighter consisted of play, play even harder, and then play some more. The guys and girls had separate gyms, so Friday night was boys and and girls night out. I heard from the girls that they had endless rounds of dodgeball, watched some movies, and painted nails (till 6 in the morning). The guys played all night. We played basketball, dodgeball, fingerblasters, soccer, and some other games. I was reminded this night why I like playing water sports because I sweat so much. It was worth it though. It was fun just to go all out with the students. Most of our guys played the whole time. We got there at about 9 and went to bed at 2:30. (There was no way that I could have pulled an all-nighter. I don't think any of the staff could have either.) Besides a couple water breaks and one devotional break we played the whole time. We slept in the gym on some of the mats that were already in there.

The next morning we had breakfast with the girls and then enjoyed a performance by The Covenant Players. I had never seen them before Saturday and was glad that I did. They had some interaction activities with the students that were good and put on a good show. After that we got in the vans a prepared to drive home. The BIG Overnighter was BIG and the ride home was quiet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home