Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Jake

Jake will probably hate it that I am writing a blog about him, but I'm still going too. When I was home I got to hang out with Jake. For those of you who don't know Jake, Jake is a cool guy. He's on the way to becoming a firefighter and all that growing up stuff, but we still hang out and surf and eat burritos and In-n-Out and have fun with my dad together, and I was very happy to be able to hang out with him. I don't know how many times we have surfed together, but we surfed a couple of times while I was home and enjoyed some good waves. One thing that God blessed me with while I was home was good waves. I guess the fall was pretty flat for the most part and so I was super excited to hear that there was a good swell coming in the day I got back. Jake ended up being in San Francisco for a couple of days so I didn't get to see him till about Tuesday or so, but when he came to my door at 8 in the morning to go surf I remember him yelling, in his typical Jake voice, "Germ, its like you never left." So yeah, I was pretty stoked to see him and I even made him give me a hug. Jake and I have inside Jokes that go on forever.


Anyways Jake and I got to hang out quite a bit while I was home. He hangs out with this girl Jenny a lot, but I was pretty stoked to steal him away a little bit. (j/k Jenny. You're really cool too.) Jake's like a big brother to me and I always enjoy driving to check the waves together, surfing together (Jake didn't surf too much while I was gone, so we both had our fair share of bad days in the water), and hanging out together. Its always really fun because we go surf and then come back to my house and watch football, play baseball, and do other stuff, but most of the time Jake likes to hang out with my dad. Well, let me just say that Jake likes to laugh at my dad. My dad's a pretty funny guy, but to Jake, my dad is hilarious. Most mornings we spend hanging out with my dad and waiting till he says something funny, which of course, Jake will remember for the next year or two. Its always a good time when Jake is hanging around. I remember a year or so ago, Jake and I would come back after surfing and make homemade ice cream. My family has this old, crank ice cream maker bucket and for about a month or so we would make ice cream after each surf session. Homemade ice cream is the best. So that's Jake for you. I miss him already and look forward to spending more time with him when I get home. Oh, that's the only picture of Jake and I while I was home. If you ever get a picture with Jake, you should feel pretty special because he doesn't take too many of them.

2 Comments:

At 8:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Germ, I have to say I like this blog of Jake. I seriously want you to know that I am so glad you are a part of Jakes life! I know you have been such a blessing to him and it's good for him to have such an awesome Christian guy to hang out with. Sorry I steal him from you sometimes! Haha, miss ya!

 
At 11:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Germ, it was so good to have you home! We miss you already. I am so glad you and Jake like to hang out, and I cnat believe you got a picture with him. You must rank up there pretty high! Praying for you! Carol

 

Post a Comment

<< Home