Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Day at the Park

On my last Saturday in Japan I took a trip with the Lighthouse up to a park in Tokyo. This park was super cool. Japan doesn't have a whole lot of parks and in there is a part it’s about a 75% chance that it won't have grass. This park had it all though. You could rent rowboats, ride bikes, play a bunch of different sports, run on the grass and much much more. If I had known about the park earlier than I definitely would have gone back again.
Anyways, my friends and I all decided to rent row boats first. We spent an hour on the little pond rowing around and trying to run away from the giant fish that lived in the pond. After that, we all rented bikes and rode around the whole park. (I think it had like 14 kilometers of bike path.) Everyone in our group got their own bike, but two people decided to get a tandem bike together. We all passed the bike around, but after a while the bike got kind of tired. My buddy Derek and I were just pushing off to get started and the bike feel apart. Literally, the spokes on the back wheel all came out and the bike was finished. It was kind of an old bike and both Derek and I probably were over the weight limit, but we didn't think this would happen. We spent some time trying to figure out how to get the bike back to the rent station and what to say to the workers there. However, we ended up talking to some of the park security and they told us to leave the bike where it was and not worry about it.
After that, our time at the park was pretty much over and so we all walked back to the entrance and took naps on the grass.

1 Comments:

At 2:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, that bikes looks kinda like ours but we need a sweet backet for it.

Timmy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home