Friday, October 06, 2006

My Socks. Help!

Alright, if there is any blog that you comment on please comment on this one. Not because its important, but because my coolness is at stake. Apparently my socks are not cool. Apparently ankle socks are in and that would make me out. Honestly this is the way that I have worn my socks for my whole life and I am not planning on changing. However, if all your comments sway me to do so I might change.
My socks have been pointed out as not cool a couple of times since I've been here. I've always considered my socks as the typical southern California surfer look and have done it for all my life as I said before, but what is cool in CA is not always cool everywhere else. One time in particular I was at the middle school eating lunch and hanging with the kids. Nate was talking with some girls and I was playing football and he called me over so that I could meet some of the kids. Not far into our conversation, the focus was changed to my socks and dress style. Thankfully, I was cool for the most part, but my socks were way out. This one little girl even had the guts to tell me, "No offense or anything, but your socks are way out of style. You should go onto What Not to Wear." I left that conversation a few seconds later, but not before I enjoyed a good laugh. I can only recall one time in CA that my socks were brought up and I'll be honest, I think that my style of dress is pretty dang cool. (Not really, but go with me here.) So, as you can see, I'm in a little dilemna. Help me please. Thanks.

-The guy with the weird socks

13 Comments:

At 10:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you WEAR those socks, jeremy! do what you want, man! they are just trippin cause they can't find socks like yours at the NEX.

 
At 12:04 PM, Blogger Just Say Julie said...

Hi Jeremy! Saw your mom tonight and she told me about your blog.

Great to read about what's going on with you!

And btw....Kade and his third grade buddies are into the ankle socks :)

Julie

 
At 5:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jeremy...be a dork from CA and make a rep for yourself as being a cool nerd.

 
At 11:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok Germ, you really are in a dilema! Are we talking about peer pressure here, or wanting to fit in to be effective? I dont really know. (please hear the laughter along with this blog. I don't know, but I do know that Jenny just went and bought small socks for jake to wear to football practice, and he conformed! All I can say, is socs or no socks, you are cool. But if you dont go on what not to wear, could you nominate me. You get a credit card with $5000.00 on it to buy a new wardrobe. I would wear long socks for that! Love ya, Carol

 
At 1:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

um, germ . . . i've always worn ankle socks, and i mean come on man, i'm like as hip as you can get, so conform, be cool like me and get rid of those funky lookin calf coverin socks. ha ha. good times dude.
hamuel

 
At 5:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you wear ankle socks your long leg hair might get caught in your bike chain :) Just something to think about....

-Sara

 
At 7:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Wierd socks guy,
If they have always worked...why change now!!!!
I kinda agree with Sara, about them protecting you from the bike chain, she has a good point with that one :-)
The boys say you are cool no matter how high they are! Hee Hee.
Laughing in Iowa,
Amy :-)

 
At 8:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yo germ be a cool nerd from CALI and show your cool style... dont fall into the peer pressure...

emily

 
At 3:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ashlee says to keep wearing the long socks. I agree! Also, I know Luke wears long socks and he got crap for them up in Seattle, but he didn't change :)

-Sara

 
At 12:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

stay strong! :)

 
At 7:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok coming from a plain old North Dakota girl...ditch the socks...def. not feeling it...haha But then again, people say that California is always ahead of the times? So maybe it's just that North Dakota is behind the times...and the boys here will get cool soon and wear tall socks?? Not sure! But I Hope all is well Jeremy!

-Ashley

 
At 12:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

this made me laugh.
hard.
really hard actually.
thats my jeremy.

 
At 7:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude those socks look
Cheesy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home