Monday, January 15, 2007

The Campout

So these next couple of blogs will be the wrap up for blogs from home. There is a bunch of stuff that I want to blog about, but I can't keep up with everything. Anyways, while I was home one of my favorite things that I did was have another “group” campout at my house. "The Group" has kind of become the name of all my really good friends at home. We don't really have a name, but I think every time that we were all going to hang out and our parents asked us who was going to be there, we would say "The Group." (I don't know for sure if that’s what everyone said, but that's what I always said.) We have a lot of good memories together, the campout being one of my favorites. At the very beginning of the summer, I had a campout in my backyard with all my closest friends before everyone went off and did all their summer stuff. We had a lot of fun hanging out around the fire, remember good times and bad from high school, but mainly just being there with everyone else there. Its kind of sad being out of high school now with everyone going their different ways and all that. I think that now that we are out of high school, the times that we are all together are even more special. This campout will hopefully become a little tradition in our group and will help keep our group connected. I plan on having a campout at least once, if not twice a year for a long long time. So far we are planning on having one in the summer and one over Christmas break.

The setting for the campout is my backyard. We pitch a tent and have a bonfire and do all the camping stuff. It is just really fun to sit around the fire and talk about stuff. We always end up telling stories, jokes, or remembering other good times that we had before. This camp out Jake ended up telling a lot of stories. Everyone in the group has decided that Jake is a good storyteller and that I am a bad storyteller. Anyways we hung out, played games, made fun of each other, and had a great time. At one point we were all inside talking and doing whatever and David and Ryan Terra came in with their air soft guns and decided to shoot us with them. We didn't really expect it and I took a couple of bullets on the leg, but that was probably the craziest part of the night. (My dad ended up coming out of his room to tell us that we couldn't run around the house.) We also bbq earlier, had smores, played telephone, and a bunch of other stuff that I can't remember right now.

Anyways, when we all decided that it was time to go to bed we all went into the tent. My tent is a pretty good size and can fit about 6 people comfortably. That didn't stop us from sleeping 10 people in one tent. I got lucky and got put right next to the door with about 3 square feet to sleep in. It was my fault though because I was the last one out there. I don't know how late we stayed up, but I think we did get a couple hours of sleep. Everyone said that they had a lot of fun and look forward to the next one. It was so much fun for me because I had been away from everyone for three months and it felt so good to catch up with everyone and hang out with them for a while. Everyone's started school now, I'm back in Japan, and we're all busy again, but I can't wait till the next campout.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home